Curling Headlines for Thursday, January 8th
World Financial Group Continental Cup
- The World Financial Group Continental Cup of Curling, presented by SecurTek Monitoring Solutions, begins today, and it’s going back to its frozen tundra roots.
- Continental Cup continues reinvention on return to Canada.
- The Calgary Sun has a this story on the Continental Cup, which takes place through Sunday.
- Team Ulsrud ditch trademark pants during WFG Continental Cup.
Alberta Junior Curling Championships
- All eyes on Kelsey Rocque in Alberta Junior Women’s Curling Championship.
- Airey steps up to junior level at Alberta Junior Women’s Curling Championship.
Rest of Headlines
- Matt Yoder’s interesting take on Curling Night in America, with some prophecy thrown in for good measure. Not sure if you’re ready to party like it’s 2059? You best read his piece all the way until the end.
- Brier curling qualifier irritating Maritimers.
- Sherry Middaugh hopes for edge on familiar ice.
- Holland back in the house for Saskatchewan women’s playdowns.
- Lacombe ready to rock with Alberta Scotties Tournament of Hearts championship January 21-25.
- USA names team for 2015 World Wheelchair Curling Championship.
- Minnesota curlers have high hopes for inaugural Big Spiel.
- Gold everywhere at Pinty’s All-Star Curling Skins Game.
- Registration is open for 11th Annual Arrowhead D.A.R.E. Bonspiel in Eveleth, Minnesota. The event, which occurs from January 23-24, is aimed at supporting area children.
- Boise Curling Club to host 3rd annual Sawtooth Outdoor Bonspiel.
- Gravenhurst Curling Club facing challenges.