Curling Headlines for Sunday, January 11th
World Financial Group Continental Cup of Curling
- Canada extends lead over Europe to 22-8.
- Ulsrud dances while Canada increases lead going into final day.
- The Continental Cup served as a test tube for mixed doubles Olympic bid. The World Curling Federation has asked the International Olympic Committee to add mixed doubles to the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea.
- If you didn’t see Mike McEwen’s perfect spin-o-rama shot Friday, you need to.
- Check USA Curling’s site for all the info on the Women’s Challenge Round in Bismarck and the Men’s Challenge Round in Seattle. You can also watch the action there by clicking on the web stream.
- Brad Gushue and Kyle Smith rinks face off in final of Mercure City of Perth Masters.
- English Ladies Junior Curling Team wins European Challenge held in Prague. They are bound for the World Championships in Prague at the end of February.
- Wins hard to come by for Southwest teams at Viterra Southern Women’s Playdowns in Swift Current.
- First-time curlers take to the ice during Snofest Funspiel at Peterborough Curling Club.
Learn-to-Curl Open Houses
- Albany Curling Club holds open houses yesterday and today.
- Racine Curling Club holds learn-to-curl sessions yesterday and today.